The Fellowship of St John
The Fellowship of St John (FSJ) was formed in 1920 by the monks of The Society of St John the Evangelist. Those in FSJ live by a Rule of Life – particularly one of prayer and support of Christian mission. An aspirant will spend at least a year preparing before he or she is admitted to the Fellowship by the Warden, who by custom is the Superior of SSJE. Perhaps confusingly when the charitable company of SSJE was formed in 1980 it was given a similar name – this does however denote the close relationship between the Fellowship of people and the work of the charity. Information about the Fellowship of St John may be obtained by writing to Mr Jeffrey Eaves FSJ at the charity's office.
The Society of St John the Evangelist
The Society was founded in 1866 and is the oldest monastic community for monks in the Anglican Communion. In 2012 the last monastery of SSJE in England, St Edward's House, Westminster, closed and the three remaining monks moved, continuing their Religious life as Solitaries. The noviciate is closed in England. The Superior, Fr Peter Huckle SSJE may be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that the monks are not involved in the work or governance of the charities and all grant applications and enquiries should be sent to FSJ(UK)TA.