The Fellowship of St John
While living in community the monks of The Society of St John the Evangelist (SSJE) were an Order of missionary priests and brothers. In 1920 they formed a circle of associates called the Fellowship of St John (FSJ) who live with a rule of life, support the monks' and engage in various forms of Christian ministry.
The prayer of the Church, spiritual counsel, pastoral care and teaching are all at the heart of our incarnational and sacramental mission. The monks set up monasteries called Mission Houses across the UK and in Africa, India, the Americas and Japan– they also established parishes, schools, hostels and in South Africa even founded a whole new diocese.
The Fellowship Ministries support the continuing need for incarnational mission – as our charity objects put it, for the building of the Kingdom of Christ.
The grants are focused towards supporting parish missions and the Religious Life. We cannot give grants for works of restoration but can help towards refurbishing and renewing church buildings so that they are better suited for Christian service.
Applications are considered at the quarterly meetings of the Trustees. Please note that the charity may receive more calls upon its resources than we are able to give to.